This page describes IHGG internal funding guidelines. For information about other categories of awards, please visit the Graduate Division Financial Support website.
Academic Year IH Fellowship Guidelines, 2017-18
The following guidelines are intended to balance the amounts we can offer for graduate student summer funding through the USAP account. Travel award amounds are standardized for types of travel.
- Students must be in good standing to apply for conference travel funds.
- Travel expenses should be budgeted as efficiently as possible; hotel rooms and taxis should be shared, food costs minimized, etc. Applications that do not represent a good-faith effort at budgeting may be subject to modification or rejection.
- In order to be eligible for future conference travel funding, the student must write a brief report of their travel and expenses within 14 days after returning, for approval by their adviser and the chair of the graduate group. Fellowship review processes involve a recommendation from the Admissions and Fellowships Committee Chair and/or comittee.
- For any conferences beyond the first two in an academic year, the entirety of the student’s travel funding will be drawn from their summer funding.
- The total amount a student can receive for yearly conference travel shall not exceed the total USAP budget divided by the total number of graduate students in good standing.